Distance from Ostuni 25 km.
Locorotondo is a town and comune of the Metropolitan City of Bari, Apulia, southern Italy, with a population of about 14,000. The city is known for its wines and for its circular structure which is now a historical center, from which derives its name, which means "Round place". It is located in south-east Murgia, deep in the Itria Valley, dotted with white prehistoric roundhouses called trulli. Locorotondo is listed as one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. The site has been settled since ancient times, as testified by archaeological finds dating between the 3rd and the 7th century BC. The foundation of the town dates back to around 1000 AD as an unfortified hamlet under the jurisdiction of the Benedictine monastery of St. Stephen in Monopoli. The estate of various feudal lords for 500 years, it saw an increase in population, housing development, and the construction of the walls and castle. The Caracciolo family, Dukes of Martina Franca and the last feudal lords, remained in Locorotondo until the beginning of the 19th century. Font: wikipedia
For more information : www.comune.locorotondo.ba.it/comune-di-locorotondo