ST. GIACOMO COMPOSTELLA CHURCH Built
in 1423 by anonymous artists, commissioned by the noble Pietro
Caballerio, it presents a portal with a gothic arch embroidered with
floral decorations and valuable carvings. It is one of the most ancient
chapels of the city, located along a street that is the residence of
aristocratic and noble Ostuni families whose memory is still visible
thanks to the badges placed on many portals. Inside the church we can
find the 18th century altar shovel showing St. Irene with the city of
Ostuni. Along the city walls near the church one can see the apse area.
The apse was removed in the 17th century, during the restructuring of
the city walls. The ogival arch that delimited the demolished apse and a
series of the lancets of the bell tower can still be seen.