ostuni.com - '98
Vai ai contenuti
Rebuilt between 1792 and 1798 on the ruins of the old Church named after St. Mary Magdalene, presents a classical front designed in 1798 by engineer Francesco Paola Trinchera and built by the wall master Stefano Trinchera. The inside of the church, shows the major altar surmounted by a tabernacle on which there is the Virgin statue; on the right altar there is painting of Archangel’s Gabriel. The old hospital, adjacent the church and established in 1890, formerly a 14th century residence of the Dominican Fathers and, from 1630, of the Paolotti Fathers, presents a rocaille front. The building, later modernized and expanded at its back, is nowadays a meeting point for the elderly as well as a culture hall.

© 2017 Copyright Ostuni.com - P. Iva: 01759350745
All rights reserved | partners | credits
Torna ai contenuti