ostuni.com - '98
Vai ai contenuti

Menu principale:

ITINERARI ARTISTICI
ST.  GIACOMO COMPOSTELLA CHURCH
Built in 1423 by anonymous artists, commissioned by the noble Pietro Caballerio, it presents a portal with a gothic arch embroidered with floral decorations and valuable carvings. It is one of the most ancient chapels of the city, located along a street that is the residence of aristocratic and noble Ostuni families whose memory is still visible thanks to the badges placed on many portals. Inside the church we can find the 18th century altar shovel showing St. Irene with the city of Ostuni. Along the city walls near the church one can see the apse area. The apse was removed in the 17th century, during the restructuring of the city walls. The ogival arch that delimited the demolished apse and a series of the lancets of the bell tower can still be seen.

© 2017 Copyright Ostuni.com - P. Iva: 01759350745
All rights reserved | partners | credits
Torna ai contenuti | Torna al menu