SANCTUARY OF THE MADONNA DELLA GRATA Built
between 1910 and 1912 on a lot donated by Eligio Tanzarella, in an
eclectic style, after the project by architect Gaetano Iurleo, it was
built by master Francesco Ciraci and dedicated to the Virgin who healed a
man affected by pains in the spinal column (vulgarly called grata),
whose effigy was translated into a chapel built in 1747 by the same
faithful. The inside is a single aisle; it preserves the ancient fresco
of the Virgin. Early 900 Restorations have radically amended it.