ostuni.com - '98
Vai ai contenuti
It was rebuilt with the annexed convent after 1615, when the Petrarolo-Caposacco’s  family donated a land to the Carmelitan Fathers to offer them a more comfortable home. It incorporates  the rest of an ancient 15th century church dedicated to the Virgin of Mercy. The buildings were afterwards expanded and, in 1891, it was built in neoclassical forms. The church front, based on a project by architect Gaetano Jurleo and by will of the homonymous Brotherhood. The internal decoration, embellished by canvas and statues, presents in the third right altar an effigy of the Madonna del Carmine; the vault of the nave is frescoed with paintings realized in 1951. Some parts of the floor still show the rest of the ancient ceramic coating.
© 2017 Copyright Ostuni.com - P. Iva: 01759350745
All rights reserved | partners | credits
Torna ai contenuti